Tuesday, May 28, 2013

TCEA Proposal

This blog was actually born in Austin at TCEA 2013.  I'd been considering starting an educational blog for several months and it was when I was away from my family, surrounded by colleagues, and tons of tech that I decided to go ahead and make it a reality.  For TCEA 2014, I am submitting a proposal for a presentation on blogging. I'm still not completely tied down to exactly what all that presentation would include but I am thinking my major focus would be on how to disseminate information and start discussion through blogging.  As an instructional support person in my district, I have found this blog very effective for both of these purposes.  I work in a fairly small district but it is always refreshing to hear someone from another campus (and my own!) say they read one of my posts and that it was helpful to them.  Also, as an aspiring administrator, I feel that this blog can be a great resource for potential interview committees in my future.  I know that there are other teacher-leaders out there who have a lot of knowledge that they would like to share and I feel that blogging is one way to let others know what is working, what we are reading about, the great things that are happening in our classrooms or in classrooms we have visited, and what trends we are seeing in education.  I would also cover how to use blogs as a classroom teacher and some of the basics for getting your blog started.  I would love to hear your opinions as to whether or not you think this type of presentation would be beneficial.Please feel free to leave a comment--yay or nay!
I have been getting a lot of anonymous comments lately and those are always welcome.  I would love it, however, if more of you felt comfortable enough to leave your names with your comments. I think this could be a great place for us to start some discussions. If you read something and you love it, please let me know.  If you read something and you think I'm way off, I'd like to hear that, too!   Summer is coming up and we know we will all be thinking about next year. What are you planning on doing differently?

No comments:

Post a Comment